I am really loving this Brenda Walton Flora & Fauna line from K & Company. The only thing on the page I stamped was the sentiment. Everything else was from the paper pad or the diecut package or the grand adhesions package. So fun to layer.
This project was meant to be fun, to have us play, get inky and creative. I liked it right up until I did the last step -- adding a last layer of Versamark and embossing powder to the edges. Versamark is clear, so you can't see where you are putting it. I added too much and the embossing powder is kind of everywhere. Rats. But one of my goals for this class is trying new things, so I need to say, "Hey, you tried something new -- relax!"
I'm so glad I finally made the time to put this together. It's a minibook about my birthday that uses a gift card tin as its "home." I added a piece of Basic Grey Kioshi line papers for the front and back covers, a couple of Thickers denoting the age I do not feel, punched holes in the corners of each cover and picture, and tied them together with a piece of Twinery twine.
This page may or may not have other things added to it. I painted with distress ink to make the background (and realized that I need a better brush -- the bristles were coming out of this child's one.) I'd seen a stamp kissing demo on the Hero Arts blog and decided to try it. In one version, you kiss a dry stamp to an inked one; the dry one takes away ink from the inked one. You can't really see it in the top example. The second version is when you "kiss" together two inked stamps -- I really, really like this look! Then the page looked empty and my daughter and I had just unwrapped a new spindle of twine -- this is great twine.