I was prompted to make these lists after reading Karen Grunberg's post. Year end is always a time for contemplation for me anyway. It's nice to get some of this written down.
What do I want to learn?
- How to draw
- How to art journal
What do I want to do more of?
- Cooking -- None of us are going to eat healthily enough if I don't cook more. All of us will eat vegetables if I make them. Need to make this a higher priority.
- Exercising -- I've lost weight, but I'm out of shape, big time. Time to step up the exercise.
- Taking photographs -- The more photos I take, the more I will have that I love.
- Reading -- Losing myself in a book is one of the best ways to relax and de-stress. I need this.
- Writing -- Try to revitalize the little online writing group that is on the verge of extinction. I don't know if it's due to lack of solid "deadlines" or boring ideas or no accountability to each other.
- Singing and/or playing the piano
- Talking with my husband -- We talk better on the phone than in person sometimes (which is crazy) because we're not as distracted by other things.
What fulfills me (or honors a value I have)?
- Time with my family and friends
- Going to church
- Taking pictures