Josh Stewart, writing for the Long Island Press, gives us nine reasons why the "dynasty is dead".
- Randy Johnson
- Field Generals Getting Court-Martialed
- Nobody Listens Anymore
- The Yanks Are Powerless to Make Any Major Changes
- The Front Office Has Been The Only Thing Less Effective Than Johnson
- The Yankees Forgot What Made Them Good
- The Clubhouse Has Turned Into A High School Lunchroom
- A Losing Proposition Just Waiting To Happen
- No One Fears Them Anymore
The text accompanying #5: "Overheard quotes from Tampa skull sessions: "Good-bye, Jon Lieber; hello, Jaret Wright." "That Kevin Brown still has it." "That Randy Johnson still has it." "What an upgrade Jason Giambi will be." "Don't worry about the outfield. Bernie Williams still has it." "Who cares about chemistry? We need talent."